January 4, 2012

Beautiful People, Rapunzel


The air is getting chilly and the hustle and bustle of the holidays is fading away. Snow is finding it's way into the everyday weather and writing is the last thing on my mind. Unfortunately during this time I get caught up in everything that is rarely actually write. But to make up for it I'm going to do a beautiful people post on my NaNoWriMo novel.

1. What kind of holidays do they celebrate, if any?

Well, my dear Rapunzel lives in an imaginary world, so it's kind of hard to think of holidays. She does celebrate Christmas and I actually have a Christmas scene in my NaNoWriMo novel.


2. What are they most thankful for?

Rapunzel is thankful for her Mother and her kitten Snowflake.


3. Do they have any family traditions?

Rapunzel doesn't have an Christmas family traditions but every February Rapunzel and her mother exchange gifts. Nothing big but definitely heartfelt.


4. What is their most memorable holiday memory?

I don't know, I think it would have to be the yea she got sick. Memorable, but in a terrible way.


5. What is the most memorable gift they have ever received?

Hm . . . I would have to say her kitten Snowflake. {I know I'm using this answer for a lot of things but living alone


6. Do they consider it important to be with family during celebrations?

Most important. Rapunzel lives alone with her Mother and could imagine spending the holidays with anyone else.


7. Do they usually wait till the last minute to purchase gifts, or do they buy them ridiculously early?

My characters make all of their gifts because they don't have a shop to buy them. Due to the amount of time it takes to knit or sew something they start around the beginning of fall in order to complete in time for Christmas.

8. Favorite Christmas song? For fantasy authors, is music a part of their celebration?

Well, music isn't really a part of her holidays.


9. Do they celebrate for religious reasons?

No.


10. How do they celebrate the beginning of the new year?

Normally Rapunzel writes a list of the things she wants to accomplish in the new year but ends up not really following it. She is very imaginative and can't stick to one thing. She does celebrate the new year by staying up very late, until midnight, and then sleeping in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, this was really useful. thanks!