August 13, 2011

Day 13 {book}

Sorry for how late this post is my dear followers. Today was a long work day. But back to our current event; the 15 day challenge (writers edition).



Day 13 - Your favorite book about writing


I haven't read to many books about writing. And being I read so many books, and some of them have slipped my memory so I will just post one I can remember. At the moment I am reading:



This book is good, but I don't know if I agree with it one hundred percent. One thing they point out is how all these book are not very good souly on the purpose of whether information is true or not. Or if grammar and punctuation are correct.

I would like to quote Jenny, over at The Penslayer, when she says this, "Has it ever occurred to those literature teachers that any book may have been written for the sole purpose of creating a good story?". Bravo! Bravo! I don't think I could have said it better.

I do agree that grammar and punctuation are important but us writers are here, writing, to tell a story; to create a world no man has seen before. We are not, at least I am not, writing to impress on a philosophical level. I am here to enjoy doing what I love to do.

So I'll have to see how I like the rest of the book. And maybe I'll do a book review on it when I finish.


No comments: