March 23, 2011

a bundle of quotes

I've decided to copy a friend of mine and do a post on some of my favorite quotes.

If any of you know me, I am very into quotes. Any chance I get I am looking up new ones to write done in a notebook. I really don't think I can explain enough how much I love quotes. They are like little bits of wisdom or humor for all to hear.
Henry Ward Beecher - "A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors."
Oscar Wilde - "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Isaac Asimov - "I write for the same reason I breathe, because if I didn't I would die."
Anonymous - "Finishing a good book is like leaving a good friend."
Audrey Hepburn - "For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."
Ralph Waldo Emerson - "A hero is no braver then an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer."
C.S.Lewis - "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'"
Ziggy - "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.
Anonymous - "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's learning to dance in the rain.
What are some of your favorite quotes? I would LOVE to hear them. ☺

3 comments:

Emily Grace said...

Oh, I have lots of favorite quotes! Here are a few

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." --C.S. Lewis

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." --C.S. Lewis

"You can't live for God until you learn how to live because of God. And you can't go and make good choices for God until you understand the gospel that says the choices you make don't make you who are, what Christ has done for you makes you who you are." --Mike Donehey

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight." --Adam Young

"Some men see things the way they are and say, 'why?'
I dream things that never were and say, 'why not?'
" --Robert F. Kennedy

"Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it." --Unknown

Emily Grace said...

Ooo, I found another good quote today:

"Let God have you, and let God love you -- and do not be surprised if your heart begins to hear music you've never heard and your feet learn to dance as never before." --Max Lucado

A Reformed Hippie said...

That is such an amazing quote, Emily Grace! It is now one of my favorites!