October 28, 2011

Hello Inspiration {excerpt}

Hello Inspiration,

My name is, Lèrowen. I've been seeing allot of you lately. And let me tell you you are welcome at any time. Would like some tea, coffee, cookies? Anything to make you comfortable and productive.

Signed your fan,
Lèrowen


Don't you just love it when inspiration starts to lean in your favor. Well, it leaned today and I got out a bit of writing for my current writing project, the one with my main character Amy. I did and Beautiful People post on her a few days ago if your curious.

Here is a short little excerpt on my book if any of you would like to take a look. I LOVE comments and opinions.
       A mechanical noise signals that someone has opened the door, that annoying, same, humdrum noise. That someone is me. Dreaming about the day when I can quit this job, this annoying, same, humdrum job. And the bell rings again, the customer is the typical teens looking for a video game. That's my job, helping people find things to waste their time. The time they don't realize is fleeting. I remember those day, those teen-age years. I shake my head to get rid of the thought.
They never told you the things you'd do different. They never explained how much it hurt. No use living in the past.
I greet the two teen girls. Their bright skinny jeans and skin tight t-shirts beg for attention. But that doesn't define them. Their more than their clothes and boyfriends, even if they don't know it yet. I help them find a game and convince them to take advantage of the buy one get one half off deal.
I hate my job.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Nice! I like your excerpt, it definitely paints a picture of your characters feelings.

I love it when inspiration strikes and then sticks around. Makes writing so much better. :)